Friday, July 6, 2012

Happy Belated Birthday ... and Happy Independence Day!

Belated Happy Independence Day!  I barely noticed as it's so hot here (how hot is it?  Hotter than fried pies!)  that I really stayed underground doing what I love.  We heard lots of fireworks but with all the trees around us we couldn't see a one.  


My sweet MIL turned 91 on the 3rd of July.  Sometime ago I met a customer who does wool work and we struck a barter-bargain.  I asked for a red/white/blue wool braided bowl that I could give to MIL on her birthday.  The bowl came and I took it to our local home decor store and had them work up a floral arrangement to fit the bowl.  Here's the result:


Isn't it pretty?  Happy Birthday, Lois!!


So the quilting world continues on and here are a few of the quilts that I've been working on.


This first one is Pam's baby quilt Spot's Favorite Colors and it turned out so sweet.  I used the panto Water World on it.  


The next two quilts are LARGE quilts and because they are so so so big I was unable to get a good overall picture.


Carrie's Blue and Brown Boy's quilt is huge!  And this picture does not come close to doing it justice.  It is a beautiful batik quilt.  I used the pantograph Fossil on it with a Deep Mint Magna-Glide thread and it came out beautifully.  No feathers or florals for these boys, you know...
Remember to click on the picture for a closer view.





This gorgeous Yellow and Blue sampler quilt went home with Susan.  Again, this one is very large.  I used a Feather Meander on it with a yellow Magna-Glide thread.  I absolutely love this thread!  It doesn't go with every single quilt, but for those that call for it - wow!  





Stay cool out there!  We are experiencing near-100 deg weather.  I just feel blessed that I have air conditioning and work that I enjoy doing INSIDE!   I'm real tempted to try that "fry an egg on the sidewalk" thingie ... 


I've got several projects on my design schedule right now so I'm busy busy busy.   There's a One Block Wonder that needs to be finished, a Snail's Trail that's ALMOST done, and two Lone Star projects.  Plus I've done two of those cutie-patootie Iron Caddy bags.  Christmas is coming, you know!

2 comments:

  1. Carrie's Blue and Brown Boy's quilt is beautiful! I love those colors!

    And Pam's baby quilt IS SO SWEET!!! Do you remember the lion blanket Lizzy and I had as little kids? I hope you have it in storage somewhere...

    Emily June

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Emmy-Poo! Yes, I remember the Lion quilt and I think I still have it somewhere ... one of those boxes that we have packed up. Maybe when you come for a visit we'll hunt it up ... we'll go on a LION HUNT! Woo Woo! Glad you are liking what I do. Love you! Mom

    ReplyDelete

Some folks have said that their posts aren't "posting" ... please go to COMMENT AS: and choose a PROFILE (ANONYMOUS should work), then click PREVIEW before POST COMMENT and see if that helps. If not, send me an e-mail and I'll research further ... thanks!