Monday, February 20, 2012

If I were a frog I'd say "Time's fun when you're having flies ..."

Yes indeedy, time does fly when you're having fun, doesn't it?  And I must have been having a bunch of fun because time sure has flown by.


Daughter Emily (of "I LOVE Mr. Minkee!" fame) visited from Savannah.  First on our list was to visit a new-to-us yarn store, The Whole Nine Yarns (http://www.thewholenineyarns.com) ... and all we can say is "Wow! This is what a yarn store should be!"   And the customer service is top-notch!  Emily is a seasoned knitter and I am a rusty beginner.  I crocheted a long time ago and still feel more comfortable with a single needle but Em has talked me into giving knitting a try.  And we came away with some fabulous yarn so I think I've committed (yeah, where's the straight-jacket?) myself to getting reacquainted with knitting and crocheting.  Like I need another hobby, right?   So click on The Whole Nine Yarns link if you're into the yarn thing.  What a great shop we have here!  


So Em showed me some techniques on using Photoshop on my Wacom Intuos4 ... what a life-saver!  I learned how to copy and paste!  Woo Woo!  


I'm using the Intuos4 to design quilting designs and I absolutely love it.  No more putting a quilt on Max and standing there thinking, "OK, what do I do?"  With the Intuos4 and the Photoshop Essentials program, I can take a picture of the quilt, upload it to my computer and then sit and design.  And pretty soon, voila!  A design comes forward and I can actually see what it might look like.   I really like this approach much better than the ... uh oh, what do I do now? scenario that I once experienced.  Great designing tool.


And then while Em knitted me a cowl scarf, I started a spiral table runner.  Have you seen this?  It is so much fun!  And the hardest part is picking out the fabrics and then learning how to cut them.  But once that is done, it's easy peasy!  Haven't decided how to quilt it yet.  That will come soon.


Here's some pictures to enjoy.






Spiral Table Runner












Sweet Em knitting while we solved all the troubles of the world!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some folks have said that their posts aren't "posting" ... please go to COMMENT AS: and choose a PROFILE (ANONYMOUS should work), then click PREVIEW before POST COMMENT and see if that helps. If not, send me an e-mail and I'll research further ... thanks!