Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Emeril's done it again ...

I got to tell you ... that new cookbook that I got for Christmas was money well spent!  Thanks so much, Jess!  The cookbook is Emeril Lagasse:   Sizzling Skillets and other One Pot Wonders

I have fixed at least 5 of the slow-cooker/large pot recipes since Christmas and they are all winners.  Today I put together the Red Bean and Rice Soup - which is a misnomer as far as I'm concerned - this is more like a chili recipe.  The only meat is hot chorizo sausage and it is yummy!  Just a little bit of heat, big ol' red beans, and rice.  Looking forward to the second serving later tonight!

So eating and quilting ... life is good!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Some folks have said that their posts aren't "posting" ... please go to COMMENT AS: and choose a PROFILE (ANONYMOUS should work), then click PREVIEW before POST COMMENT and see if that helps. If not, send me an e-mail and I'll research further ... thanks!