Sunday, June 1, 2014

Safety First ... almost ...



It's not the loveliest of a foot, but it's mine and guess what those two band-aids cover?  Yep, I was at my cutting board and I have a lot of tools hanging on pegs on a pegboard in front of the table.  I knocked down a rotary cutter and it sliced the top of my foot.  Now before you start retching, know that I use the dark blue KAI rotary cutters which only cut when pressure is put on the cutter.  Well, my foot was a bit of pressure and the blade sliced through about 2 layers of epidermis.  Enough to bleed a bit, but not enough to send me in a panic to the ER.  Sooooo ... from now on, even these cutters will be in LOCKED mode when not in use.  But this certainly could have been a lot worse if I had been using a Olfa and left the blade open... ouch ...




So here are some quilts that are now finished.

Several people I know are making this pattern but darn if I can remember what it is called.  I like the dark-up, light-up configuration on this one.
































This quilt is pieced by same person - Joann - that did the one above.  This is called Tic Tac Moe and is for her daughter.  I did a panto called Love Grass on this one.  









































And Marti pieced this one.  I love the stripe configuration in this.  Very cute and very fresh.  I think this panto is Floret.  Looks pretty, doesn't it?






















And below is a close-up of the Pink Striped quilt.  Too cute!



1 comment:

  1. Yes, it could have been worse (the foot) a friend dropped her open rotary cutter on her foot and it went through her jeans... five hours and five stitches later she was on her way home from Emergency. Good idea to keep them locked.

    ReplyDelete

Some folks have said that their posts aren't "posting" ... please go to COMMENT AS: and choose a PROFILE (ANONYMOUS should work), then click PREVIEW before POST COMMENT and see if that helps. If not, send me an e-mail and I'll research further ... thanks!