Friday, March 21, 2014

Now here's the reason why I've not been around lately...

I wanted to give these two quilts a post of their own.  I had so much fun quilting both of these.

Enjoy!


 This is called Almond Country Beauty and is currently at Intown Quilters promoting a class.  Wanda asked me to quilt it and as you can see I had a bit of fun with it.  Wanda is teaching the class there and if I had a moment to spare I'd be there.  I love this pattern!

And this is sweet Jeanita's!  It is called Star Light Retreat and I believe that she took a class for this beauty.  It is absolutely stunning.  Her piecing is so precise ... this big boy laid down across my table with not a wave or wrinkle.  I had a lot of fun doing this one.  Feathered wreaths in the light squares, and a leafy wreath in the dark squares, cross-hatching in the inner border, and feather motifs in the setting triangles.


The large outside stars were fun and fast once I found the secret "1 start - 1 stop" path!  Wheeeee!!!!  
Here's a closer look at the center.  Absolutely loved doing this one!

1 comment:

Some folks have said that their posts aren't "posting" ... please go to COMMENT AS: and choose a PROFILE (ANONYMOUS should work), then click PREVIEW before POST COMMENT and see if that helps. If not, send me an e-mail and I'll research further ... thanks!